Monday, September 8, 2014

Day 43 – Bellevue, WA to Dundee, OR

The morning was overcast and then the sun broke through to create a beautiful day. Our 224 mile trip along the busy I-5 corridor went really well. The prize of the day was stopping at Carol’s daughter’s homes to begin some extended stays.

The Route
I-90 west to I-405, I-405 south to WA-167, WA-167 south to WA-512, WA-512 west to I-5, I-5 south to I-205, I-205 south to Portland then on to Dundee near Newberg.

On the Way
We passed a grass fire on I-5 in southern Washington. It produced a lot of smoke. Fortunately, it was pretty well contained.
Fire on I-5

Mt. Hood presented an impressive image as we approached Oregon.
Mt. Hood

The Winslea Stop
Our first stop was in Portland at Tim and Elizabeth Winslea’s home. Elizabeth is Carol’s daughter. Carol’s daughter Barbara joined us with her children Lucy and William. We had a brief family reunion and a lovely dinner. We’ll return in a week for a longer stay.
Anna Winslea (9) and William Bagley (2)
Lucy Bagley (4)

The Bagley Stop
We’re staying in Dundee at Kenny and Barbara Bagley’s this week and will return to Portland for a week with the Winsleas next week.

Barbara led us to her home. We planned to arrive before dark. It didn’t work out that way. We parked and set-up the trailer in the dark in an RV spot they have on their property. It’s a cool, full service site.

No comments:

Post a Comment